Sunday, March 18, 2012

Wil Wheaton's Tabletop

Hey! Its Gordie Crusher!
Yesterday Wil Wheaton sent a tweet from the Geek and Sundry panel at Wondercon that he would be hosting a new web show on  Geek and Sundry called Tabletop. As far as I can tell, there isn't too much information available at the moment, but it appears to be Wil and his amazing friends playing board games and wisecracking.

His guests will include other stars of the Geekdom such as Felicia Day of The Guild and Grant Imahara of Mythbusters. From the promotional trailer I can identify the group playing Ticket to Ride, Smallworld, Zombie Dice and Pandemic.

As odd as it may sound, I'm already a huge fan of watching Wil play games. He has been involved with the great Acquisitions, Inc. podcasts and video casts from Wizards of the Coast, promoting D&D 4e. I'm sure his quick wit and competitive fierceness will carry over to this new show.I'm also very excited for the growth in the hobby this may bring. Wil has a huge following of fans and I'm sure not all of them have experienced the joy of board gaming.

Tabletop will show on Geek & Sundry every other Friday starting on April 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment